CABLE ADVISORY COUNCIL
Minutes of Public Regular Meeting –
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
There was a regular meeting of the Cable Advisory Council called to order at 7:02 p.m., Tuesday, March 10, 2009 by Chairperson Carmella Amodeo at the Charter Communications facility, Newtown, Connecticut.
ATTENDEES: Stephanie O’Rourke (Kent), Carmella Amodeo (Newtown), Jim Lang (Trumbull), Carl Braun (Woodbury), George Fletcher (New Milford), Kate Donahue (Trumbull), Paul Katzmark (Southbury).From Charter: Greg Van Antwerp (Community Access), Paula Cecchetelli (Marketing), Tom Horan (Operations) and Tom Cohan (Government Relations).
Anthony Drago of Southbury attended the meeting to understand the Council’s purpose and its relationship to Charter.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Minutes from January 2009 approved with one change. (Lang motion, Braun 2nd, unanimous)
Motion to accept the report (Lang motion, Fletcher 2nd, unanimous). Carl reported all the remaining issues with Jill Zaloski have been resolved. Gregory Davis is still working on some webhosting issues.
CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS REPORT.
Paula Cecchetelli highlights
· Launching World Fishing Network (322), Sportsman Channel (324) and several local independents (WPXN, WHPX, WCTX and WSAH) and MLB Network (769)
· CBS College Sports Free Preview March 13- April 7 on channel 318
· New HDTV channels – USA Network, Science Channel, Sci-Fi Channel, AMC, Bravo, Cartoon Network, WE, Biography Channel, CNBC and Speed Network
· New digital conversion date is June 12, 2009
· The highest speed for Internet service is now 20 MB
· Even though Charter is launching MLB Network on expanded basic there will still be the same blackout issues with the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets.
· New brochure highlighting all three Charter services (cable, Internet and telephone)
Greg Van Antwerp is looking for ideas for their program “White Board on Education”. They have redesigned the internship program to offer more electives. They are concentrating on studio shows and doing fewer truck shoots. They will be rolling the truck to shoot a Cyberbullying presentation.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
The meeting was unanimously adjourned at: 9:08 PM. Respectfully submitted by: Kate