Cable Advisory Council
of Charter Communications

   
PO Box 87
Newtown, CT 06470
     
 
January 10, 2006 Minutes
         
 

CABLE ADVISORY COUNCIL
P. O. Box 87
Newtown, Connecticut
 

~ Minutes ~

Minutes of Public Regular Meeting – Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Newtown, CT

There was a regular meeting of the Cable Advisory Council called to order at 7:03 p.m., Tuesday, January 10, 2006 by Chair, Carmella Amodeo at the Charter Communications facility, Newtown, Connecticut.

ATTENDEES:

Eugene Rosen (Newtown), Steve Donahue (New Milford), Kate Donahue (Trumbull), Jill Hamilton (Monroe), George Linkletter (Sherman), Jim Lang (Trumbull), Carmella Amodeo (Newtown), Carl Braun (Woodbury).

From Charter: Greg Van Antwerp, John Palinkas, Jacky Saulnier.

PUBLIC INPUT:

None.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES:

Change “July” to “Judy” in November minutes. Minutes approved  (Motion by Lang, second by Hamilton); unanimous as amended.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Audit:  George had the Sherman town treasurer review our books. Overall, our books are in good order although he did have a couple of suggestions:

        Not all checks written are supported by invoices.  There is better documentation in 2005 than in prior years.

        Interest bearing accounts (Money Market and CD) have interest being withheld – presumably for taxes.  Can the Council file a form to get this back?

        Withdrawals from Money Market are always transferred to checking – good policy.

        Ending balances in one year don’t always match the opening balances in the next year.  The Treasurer should try to include all activities on the following report, despite gaps in meetings.

        If a check has not been cashed, it should not be added back to the Treasurer’s asset balance unless it has been voided or payment stopped.  A two-month lapse is a reasonable period.

        Invoice for January 2004 annual fee not submitted until May 2005.  Loss to Council of interest that money would have accrued.

        Invoice for Lakeville Journal Legal Notices - $127.05 dated 5/3/2005.  Was the reimbursement received?

We need to submit our annual report to the DPUC. Carmella will check the state website to see if she can download the forms.

Motion by Lang, seconded by K. Donahue to accept the Treasurer’s report. Unanimous.

Invoice has been submitted to Charter for 2006 $2000.

CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS REPORT:

Jacky reported that telephony is launching in February.  They are doing some wiring at the Trumbull Mall. 

Customer survey:  Jacky is compiling the results by hand! And will report at our next meeting.  Based on what she’s seen so far the responses are very heavy from senior citizens, ala carte pricing is a big issue and some of the information received is not useful because she thinks the respondents misunderstood the question.

Greg distributed his yearend report, the newsletter and indicated he will have his DPUC report at our next meeting.  The new internship session begins January 26.

COMMUNICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE:

Eugene is still hearing from subscriber Michael Alpert about his VOD service.  Jim indicated he has also had problems.  Jacky said this issue also came up in the survey.  The Council would like to Charter to address this issue at our next meeting.

Jim would like to include the mailbag in the minutes of each meeting. Kate will do so. (see below)

Jim reported that there has been an improvement in the % of calls answered within two minutes (98.25%).  The goal is to have ALL calls answered within two minutes.

DPUC/Community Access Channel Issue – we should ask our First Selectmen if they would support a government access channel.  The DPUC is saying they plan to make no change to existing regulations.  We don’t think we need to appeal BUT, a discussion of what is local vs. public access programming is interesting.  Jim recommended we read the document and that we also discuss with the DPUC how they want to communicate with Advisory Boards in the future given our meeting schedule. 

We need to get a list of 2006 meeting dates to our towns’ First Selectmen, Superintendents and Town Clerks plus a Library posting.  We need Amy to do this ASAP.

Going forward, Kate will send minutes/agendas electronically to Steve Donahue for distribution.

We need to determine if members want to receive minutes/agendas in the mail as well as electronically.  Kate needs to send Steve a list of members with email addresses.

OLD BUSINESS:

Video Festival:  Jill reported that the deadline for submissions was January 8.  We have 20 submissions.  The deadline will be extended until the end of the month. The judging is set for February.  Awards will be March 18th at 1:00 PM at Charter.  Lots of promotion in Winsted area, local papers, CSRs, lobby area.

Motion by Kate, second Jim, anyone that submits more than one entry can only win one place award (they can win the Community Service Award).  They will receive the highest of multiple awards.  Passed unanimously.

Grant process:  Carl not here.  Consider at next meeting.

NEW BUSINESS:

None.

TO DO LIST:

Kate: 

        Contact Amy to send out 2006 meeting dates and let her know Steve will send out electronic minutes and agendas.

        Send list of Council members to Steve

        Email Deb Owen at THS to get Video Festival entries in ASAP

Jim:

        Send Kate mailbag electronically

George:

        Send Kate Audit recommendations electronically

ADJOURNMENT:

The meeting was unanimously adjourned at 8:52 PM.

Respectfully submitted by:  Kate Donahue, Secretary

Text Box:  
NEXT MEETING:  March 14, 2006 at Charter Communications offices in Newtown at 7:00 PM.  
PLEASE CONTACT CARMELLA IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AT: 203-270-6132 or email amodeoc@newtown.k12.ct.us
 

 

 

 

Text Box: ~ 2006 Meeting Dates ~
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Tuesday, May 9, 2006
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 
Home     Meetings    Minutes    Events    Charge     By Laws     Town Representatives     FAQ's
   

©2005 Cable Advisory Council
Designed by Ben Haase
PC Wizard